Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shirt Orders, Fundraising and Hydration
To those of you running the Country Music Marathon...Hello team!

We currently have 53 members on our team. This is AWESOME! However, only 17 of you have provided me with your shirt size. I’ll be ordering our shirts from lululemon soon, so I need to know your size if you’d like to have one. The new logo for this year’s shirt is SO COOL, and you won’t want to be left out! Ladies – your shirts will be either 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 or 12. Men - your shirts will be either S, M, L, or XL.

Please visit lululemon or go to their website www.lululemon.com to determine your size and email me with it this week! You only have to raise $100 to receive the shirt and an invitation to our team dinner on April 29. I know everyone can do this! I’d hate for anyone on the team to not have the shirt and we want to see you at our team dinner the Friday night before the race. It’s ok if you haven’t raised the money yet – I can go ahead and order your shirt, and give it to you once you have raised $100.

Other notes for the week:
• I will be at the Nashville Striders training run this Saturday, March 5th at 7:00am. This run meets at the Titans Stadium, and you’ll be able to run any distance you need. Please let me know if you’d like to attend.
• It’s important to make sure you are staying hydrated and fueled during your long runs. Be sure to have enough water/sports drink on you, and experiment with fuel such as GU, sport beans, Shot Blocks, etc. Places like Fleet Feet and REI sell numerous types of fuel to carry on the run. If you have any questions about this, let me know. You don’t want to try anything new on race day, so be sure to determine between now and then what works best for you. (Personally, I like sport beans and GU Chomps.)
• Insider tip – The Country Music Marathon provides water and Cytomax on the course. Cytomax is not for everyone – I myself can’t stomach it. Either buy some of it to practice with in training (at running stores like Fleet Feet), or plan to carry your own sports drink on race day. I personally will just stick to drinking water during training and on race day.
• Continue doing all you can to fundraise! If we at Mercy can assist you in any way with providing direction on ways to do this, please don’t hesitate to ask. If everyone raises $1000, we’ll have $53,000! Our goal is $40,000, so let’s all do our part!
• Half Marathon Pace Team – I plan to run the half marathon in exactly 2:15 on race day. If anyone has 2:15 as your goal time, let me know and we can run together on race day!

Happy training!

If you have questions for Mercy coach, Melanie Blair, you can contact her at mblair@mercyministries.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment