Thursday, March 3, 2011

Trish Squittieri On Why She Decided To Run For Mercy!
My name is Patricia Squittieri and I live in Nashville, TN. I began working at Mercy Ministries in June of 2009 as a Residential Assistant on the weekends. Working a 64 hour shift in the home meant that I wore many hats. Walking alongside girls who face life-controlling issues and seeing them receive freedom has changed my life forever. There truly is nothing too big for God to handle!

I now work on the front end of the application process in the Intake Department. This is where potential residents walk through the application process and begin to fix their eyes on a new way of living! I am so inspired by where I work, I have decided to do something radical to raise support for Mercy. Radical for me anyway! I am running the Nashville Country Music Marathon this year for the first time!

Running on behalf of Mercy Ministries is an honor and something I do not take lightly. I have felt lead to dedicate, through prayer, each mile to a different aspect of Mercy. You can see my prayer plan below.  It will not be easy, but I am reminded that God never promised an easy road! He truly will be my strength each stride as I commit my way to Him. Please come alongside me and financially support this mission!  You can make your donation by going to www.runformercy.org/goto/trishClick here for more information a promotional flyer.



Marathon Prayer Plan
Mile 1 - Girls in the home
Mile 2 - Families of residents
Mile 3 - Girls on waiting list
Mile 4 - Families of girls on waiting list
Mile 5 - Monroe, LA
Mile 6 - Nashville, TN
Mile 7 - St Louis, MO
Mile 8 - Lincoln, CA
Mile 9 - Future Homes
Mile 10 - Volunteers
Mile 11 - Donors
Mile 12 - Events
Mile 13 - Programs/Counseling Staff
Mile 14 - Intake Staff
Mile 15 - Accounting/Treasury Staff
Mile 16 - Development/Communications Staff
Mile 17 - Transitional Care Staff
Mile 18 - Human Resources Staff
Mile 19 - Home Staff
Mile 20 - Weekend/Night Staff
Mile 21 - International Homes
Mile 22 - Board Members
Mile 23 - Executive Leadership
Mile 24 - End Sex Trafficking Campaign
Mile 25 - Nancy Alcorn
Mile 26 - Nancy Alcorn

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! SO excited to cheer you across the finish line on April 30th!! You're an inspiration to many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ROCK Trish! This is so amazing! Will be praying for you and your run... and for Mercy as always!

    ReplyDelete